Fiddler offers powerful alerting tools for monitoring models. By integrating PagerDuty services, you gain the ability to trigger PagerDuty Events within your monitoring workflow.
If your organization has already integrated with PagerDuty, then you may skip to the Setup: In Fiddler section to learn more about setting up PagerDuty within Fiddler
Setup: In PagerDuty¶
- Within your PagerDuty Team, navigate to Services → Service Directory.
- Within the Service Directory...
- If you are creating a new service for integration, select +New Service and follow the prompts to create your service
- Click the name of the service you want to integrate with
- Navigate to Integrations within your service, and select Add a new integration to this service
Enter an Integration Name, and under Integration Type select the option: Use our API directly. Then, select the Add Integration button to save your new integration. You will be redirected to the Integrations page for your service
Copy the Integration Key of your new integration
Setup: In Fiddler¶
- Within Fiddler, navigate to the Settings page, and then to the PagerDuty Integration menu. . If your organization already has a PagerDuty service integrated with Fiddler, you will be able to find it in the list of services
- If you are looking to integrate with a new service, select the + box on the top right. Then, enter the name of your service, as well as the Integration Key copied from the end of the Setup: In PagerDuty section above. After creation, confirm that your new entry is now in the list of available services
- Note: creating, editing, and deleting these services is an admin-only privilege. Please contact an admin within your organization to setup any new PagerDuty services
PagerDuty Alerts in Fiddler¶
- Within Projects, select the Model you wish to use with PagerDuty
- Select Monitor → Alerts → Add Alert
Enter the condition you would like to alert on, and under PagerDuty Services, select all services you would like the alert to trigger for. Additionally, select the Severity of this alert, and select Save
After creation, the alert will now trigger for the specified PagerDuty services
Can Fiddler integrate with multiple PagerDuty services?
- Yes. So long as the service is present within Settings → PagerDuty Services, anyone within your organization can select that service to be a recipient for an alert